Friday, March 13, 2009

New bed!

My bed that I currently have is bad...it has been bad for quite awhile. It sinks down in the middle, there is a weird, huge grease stain on the box spring, it is old and it was purchased at my parent's neighbors yard sale. (I know getting a mattress at a yard sale is kind of gross but they were neighbors and my bed before this was even worse!) And I never get a good nights sleep on it.
Well last weekend a couple of my friends (names will be omitted due to the hilarious nature of this story) were at my house helping me go through stuff to take to D.I. We were taking a break to watch Survivor, which was recorded on the DVR in my room. Me and one of my friends was sitting on my bed and my third friend jumped into the middle of the bed to watch the show...and I mean she jumped. Well since my bed is OLD and just really BAD, as she jumped on it we heard this loud crack and the middle of the bed touch the floor. We all jumped off but I was sure the box spring was broken because I heard the wood crack.
Well I looked under the bed expecting it to be all sunk down and touching the floor but it looked okay. So I have been sleeping on it all week. Well the last couple of days I have started to roll to the right because my bed will no longer stay on the bed frame...it is really broken.
SOOOO I am getting a new bed! I decided that it really is necessary. I have to get up and leave for work by 5:30 in the morning and this cannot be done without a good nights sleep, which I can't remember the last time I had one of those (It may have been during my Motel 6 stay in St. George.) That is how bad my bed really is...I loved the bed at Motel 6. The one I am getting is pretty cheap but I really don't think it can get any worse than the ones I have and the reviews for it are really good. So I am already looking forward to sweet dreams on a new, not gross bed. Yay!

No comments: