Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Seattle! Day 1

I am back from Seattle and it was SOOOOOO much fun! Thanks to Jill's connections we stayed at the Marriott Waterfront hotel. It was a great location. Right next to Pike Place Market, right on the water so walking distance to the Seattle Aquarium, the ferries to other islands, and the Real World Seattle house just to name a few. We were also walking distance from some good shopping and a monorail that took us over to the Space Needle and other attractions on that side of the city. All of our adventures in detail are soon to come. I figure I will post at least one post per day.

So our first day, Friday, we got in at around 5:30 and were picked up by a town car, who took us to our hotel. We checked in and took our luggage up to our room and decided to walk around a little before eating dinner so we went up to Pike Place Market first. Everything was closing down so we did a quick walk through and then went down to the water. After becoming more familiar with what was around us it was time for dinner. Anthony's Pier 66 was recommended to us so that's where we went.
We were seated right on the water and would have had an amazing view if it weren't for the cargo ship that resided in our view the entire trip. But they were still rock star seats!


It was YUMMY! We ordered:
Waikiki Coconut Prawns



Caesar Salad it was REALLY yummy and had fried crispy cheese on top that was the BEST!



And I ordered Crab Legs as my main course, they were SOOO good but I was so full at that point I could only eat a couple of legs (Note that my butter is still there. I dipped it once and then the rest I ate without to save what calories I could)



After we ordered our food and before they brought out our appetizer and my salad, they brought out another dish that was ordered for us courtesy of our concierge. (I tell you we were being treated like rock stars!) The dish was called Seared Swordfish Poke (pronounced like pokey) it was swordfish in sweet sesame and soy sauce on a bed of spinach lettuce and other veggies...it was REALLY good!



After finishing all of our dinner we decided to go for it and top it all off with dessert. It was okay but the presentation was cool



It was a YUMMY meal and worth every penny. The service was great! There will definitely be a repeat visit when i go back to Seattle!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Yay! Hope you're birthday was a blast! Looked like so much fun to get away for the big 3-0....:)

soooo...I'm so sorry I haven't filled you in with all the details-check out www.summerandtyler.blogspot.com

Maybe we can do lunch again soon...Sweet Tomatoes is always a winner. Can't wait!

Jill said...

That was a very yummy meal!!!