Friday, June 26, 2009

Accomplishments


So for a couple months I had a seperate blog that charted my progress to becoming healthier and losing weight but decided that since that is such a huge part of my life at this point it should just be recorded on my regular blog. So this is a long post all bout me but in reality that is what my blog is for...for me to write all about me:)
I have had a personal trainer for awhile now and at this point in my life this is the best investment I could have made. I say investment because I am constantly broke between paying for the personal training and because unfortunately eating healthier and eating at home instead of eating out is more expensive for a single person. But it is worth every penny! I would rather live in my car at this point than not have a personal trainer. She has provided more support than any of my friends or family ever could...not that my friend's and family don't support me because they definitely do also just in a different way.
Anyway there has been a lot of progress since I started and I have not onced gained even a pound since I started. I have been consistently losing...through holidays, vacations etc. In the beginning the progress was slower to start it was a HUGE adjustment to change my eating but now it is usually really easy to eat healthy. Aside from being a great personal trainer my trainer, Mackenzie, is also a very creative cook. Every recipe she has given me is awesome tasting and healthy too and most of them she changed herself to be that way.
Doing cardio was also difficult in the beginning but now that my body and heart are stronger I am actually to the point where I enjoy exercise...and anybody who knows me knows that I never thought that would happen! At this point healthy eating (and it's not dieting, it is just eating like I should and I will always eat this way) and exercise take priority in my life.
I have a great support group from friend's, family and especially people at work (which I think is often the HARDEST place to find support.) I know I am progressing but it is awesome when people at work or even at the gym comment on how great I am doing, it really helps with motivation.
I don't write in a journal so this is where I have decided to record my accomplishments. As of last week I have lost a total of 35 pounds (and will lose 15 additional pounds at least by the end of Summer.) My body fat percentage has decreased 10%. My waist has lost 10 inches! And those are just the most amazing measurements to me. I have lost several inches all over, my arms, my hips, my neck even. I am starting to see and feel muscle definition in my abs, my biceps(which I am in love with right now:) etc. I just need to lose more body fat so I can start showing off these new muscles:)

This is how I imagine my bicep under the flab, it feels that awesome:)

Other accomplishments have been my cardio activity at the gym. I have built up a decent endurance to my cardio workouts now I just need to catch my joints up to my heart, my knees usually stop before my heart does. I still jog at least 5 sometimes 6 miles 5-6 days a week. I once dreaded taking a Cycle class but now go to one every week after having already worked out for 1.5 hours that day, and not only survive it but really push myself and I still don't die!

Anyway I guess the whole point of this post is really to share and document how proud of myself I am. It is really HARD work and I love it at this point, so as hard as it is, it is also a lot of fun.

2 comments:

gojuliego said...

Melissa! Nice work! You should be very proud.

Summer said...

That's awesome!! So proud of you...it's such hard work... You look great just even from that pic in the post after this! Yay for you!