Wednesday, August 12, 2009

California!

So the two of you who read this mentioned that my last post was awhile ago so I guess I'll update it with my trip to CA. I have a really awesome PTO accrual at my work so when I realized that at the end of the year I would have over the 160 hours that we can carry into the next year I decided to take another week off...even though I had just taken one off in April. So I went to CA. It was a lightly planned trip with ideas of what I wanted to do so it was just a nice chill vacation.

I drove there so I could bring Otto and Hampton (Jill's dog) so they could be reunited with their long lost brother's, Mom and Uncle. So while I was there my Mom's house had 5-6 Miniature Schnauzer's running around. They had a blast.

On the Sunday after I got there we drove my Grandma Jones to Monterrey to stay with my Aunt and stayed the night. So we went out to dinner that night and then lunch the next day. We went down to Cannery Row and the Aquarium...Monterrey has THE BEST aquarium ever!

After Monterrey we hung out at home for the day then headed down to L.A. to go to the Getty and do some other things. The Getty was fun! And way more interesting then I thought. And since I am a speed museum observer we were able to see everything in one day even though the guy at the front said it couldn't be done:)

After the Getty my Dad and Aaron went home and me and my Mom went to Marina Del Rey and got a hotel for the night. I had my first PinkBerry yogurt and it was delicious...all the hype was real. We also went to El Cholos for dinner...they have the yummiest salsa. The next day we drove down the coast to Long Beach. It was a gorgeous drive and then in Long Beach we went on a short little boat tour that was cool. It was just nice to be at the beach.

The trip was a blast and of course too short:) But it also threw me WAY off my food/workout plan and I am still suffereing trying to get back into cardio. So needless to say I am not planning any vacations in the near future...I sometimes even contemplate whether or not I should go home at Christmas...which is crazy! Of course I am going home at Christmas:)

Coming up on my next post...my recent crafty endeavors, you will be impressed!

No comments: