Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas is over...

I went to California for Christmas and once again wonder why on earth I live in the snow! I am so excited that Christmas is over and I'll tell you why...it means that we are that much closer to the winter being over! Don't get me wrong, I like the snow...but I like it when you have to drive a couple of hours to get to it then you can go back to your 70 degree weather when you are done playing. I do not like living in it!
Anyway, back to Christmas. It was, of course, tons of fun! We spend Christmas Eve with my Dad's side of the family and it is always at my Grandma Jones' house. Well this year the turn out was pretty sparce, not everyone could make it into town. My Grandma has hosted Christmas Eve dinner for years and it is always so much fun. It is one of the things I look forward to the most at Christmas. It is A LOT of work for her to do this every year so this year we had Christmas Eve dinner at my parents house.
My Mom worked her but off this Christmas since she was hosting Christmas Eve dinner as well as Christmas day dinner with her side of the family. But both days were perfect! Christmas Eve was not even close to the same but it was still great!

Cutest kids ever!

Thanks Granny!

Aidan wasn't excited about his Spiderman shirt at all!

Logan, Aidan and Emily got the cutest puppets from Aunt Diana.

Emily's cute PJ's.
I don't know where they learned it but every time I tried to take a picture of Logan or Emily they would lean back in this Zoolander type of model pose. I think they might have learned it in their Hip Hop class...it was cute!

After all the Christmas Eve festivities we all went to bed so that Santa could come. The kids opened their presents from Santa at home then came up to Nana and Papa's to open the rest of the presents from all of us. I will start by saying, I GOT A WII! I am so excited!


This was my present for Emily all wrapped up cute.

Aidan in a Ninja costume that he got from Santa. Aidan loves to dress up and I think he got about 10 different costumes this Christmas to add to his collection.

Logan got the coolest present ever from the coolest Aunt ever...a Disney WII Sing It! We played it a lot that day and got some fun video...
(It's a slow start but she really gets into it)



Emily is such a great dancer:)

I also got a great video of Mandy but out of respect to her I won't post it.:) But the WII Sing It was so much fun!

The most fun thing about Christmas was just being with the fam. The last couple of Christmases it has been just me at home so it was so much fun to have Aaron, Mandy and the kids there this year and much more lively.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: